Sweet potato puffs
Sweet potato is one of my favorite ingredients!
They are incredibly versatile! For example, you can make puree, ice cream, stews, soups, pasta or use it as a base for salads and I have even made pastry cream out of it!
The sweet taste releases during the puffing is sweet and rich, perhaps a little heavy. But it fits perfectly next to meat, fish, and some sour/fresh dishes.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius (400F).
- Wash the sweet potatoes well, you don't have to peel them and you can eat the skin.
- Cut the sweet potatoes in half lengthwise.
- Brush the inside (part without skin) with olive oil and sprinkle generously with sea salt (the salt ensures the caramelization).
- Cover the baking tray with baking paper and place the sweet potatoes on it, skin side down, and place in the oven for 35-45 minutes.
- When the sweet potatoes start to give off the typical sweet smell, and you can easily pierce them with a fork, they are ready. The caramelization may cause some bubbles or dark spots on the sweet potato.