Bone broth wraps
Bone broth wraps, that sounds crazy doesn't it!? What is that all about?
This awesome dish is super easy and quick to make. Ideal to fill with a tasty salad, meat or a combination of both. And because of the nutritiousness a good basis to still your appetite.
Once I knew I had a lactose and gluten intolerance, I searched a long time for similar wraps in terms of taste and texture.
Until one day my fridge was overflowed with a stock of bone broth gelatin! What else could I make with all this broth, besides soups, sauces and also stews? Just in cases like this, when I have a massive stock of bone broth, my mind goes wild and I get creative. And the idea came to me to using the gelatin to make a wrap. It seemed crazy to me at first, because how would the taste and texture of the gelatin work in a wrap? But then again, I like cooking in a non-traditional way! The taste, texture and yet the airy structure where a big hit! I felt my enthusiasm increase and so the bone broth wrap was born.
- Put all the ingredients into a mixing bowl, starting with the wet and mix until smooth. If, like me, you like the taste of cheese, you can add nutritional yeast (nobel yeast) flakes to your batter.
- Heat up the pancake pan with some oil to medium heat. When the pan is hot, pour a spoonful of batter into the pan and swirl it around. Bake about 5-6 pieces.
- Bone broth gelatin has numerous health benefits, click on the recipe or the blog for more information.
- If you don't have oat flour, but you do have oat flakes, you can grind them into flour.
- Nutritional yeast flakes are made from a deactivated yeast. They have a savory taste that is somewhat similar to the taste of Parmesan cheese. It contains several B vitamins and also Folic acid. Nutritional yeast flakes are an ideal addition to a salad, pasta or in these delicious wraps.